Doppler Study and Cell Free DNA Biomarkers by using PCR in Hypertensive and Diabetic Pregnant Iraqi Wom

Dhelal Qasim


Doppler ultrasonography has been used to assess both the fetal and placental circulation, to facilitate the diagnosis and monitoring of important conditions. Circulating cell-free (cf-DNA) in plasma is considered a novel biomarker with promising clinical applications. This biomarker was reported in prenatal diagnosis and in adverse pregnancy outcomes. Hypertensive disorders of pregnancy and both type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes in pregnancy represent a significant cause of maternal and perinatal morbidity and mortality. The aim of the study is to relate the Doppler study of the umbilical cord and uterine artery to the presence of different primers in hypertensive and diabetic pregnant women. Ninety women had been enrolled in this study. Thirty (33%) of them with diabetes mellitus and the other 60 (67%) women were with hypertension. The mean age of study sample was (29.7 ±6.33 years (. Careful history was taken from all women. Uterine blood flow for women below 28 weak gestational age, and umbilical artery blood flow for 28 weak pregnancies and more was done by Doppler Ultrasound. Blood samples were taken from all women and cf-DNA was measured using PCR technique. There is significant association (P ≤ 0.05) between Autism primers 3 with the Doppler study in hypertensive pregnant women. Also there is significant association between Sirti primers 3, 4 with the Doppler study in diabetic pregnant women, and there is significant association between Trisomy primers 3 with the Doppler study in hypertensive pregnant women. There is no difference between the negative and positive results in relation to Doppler study regarding hypertensive and diabetic pregnant women except for the above primers. 

Keywords: Doppler study, Cf-DNA biomarkers, PCR, Hypertension, Diabetes.

Full Text:



  • There are currently no refbacks.